What is a patent?
Patent shall mean an exclusive right granted by the State to an Inventor for his Invention in the field of technology, for a certain time, to exploit his Invention or to authorize another person to exploit it.
Invention shall mean an Inventor’s idea that is poured in any activity of solving a specific problem in the field of technology, either in the form of a product or process, or an improvement and development of a product or a process. Patent is necessary to prevent others from making, using, importing or selling without permission.
Once granted, the term of a patent is 20 years from the Date of Filing (subject to the payment of annual renewal fees).
The benefits of registering to a patent
Once you are registered to a patent, apart from using the patent to prevent others from exploiting your invention, you can also employ it to raise funds for your business, license it to the third parties for commercial returns, or sell the patented invention.
So, what Pacific Patent Multiglobal can help?
Here are the services that we can offer:
- Counseling on patentability of invention
- Searching on patentability, based upon domestic and multinational patent database
- Drafting patent claims
- Drafting patent specification
- Drafting patent drawing or technical drawings
- Preparing and filing patent applications
- Prosecution of patent application in The World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO) and throughout the world (in co-operation with foreign associates)
- Translating patent document from English to Bahasa Indonesia as mandatorily required, or from French to Bahasa Indonesia in no-urgent basis
- Attending to the annual maintenance or annuity fees payment for Indonesian patents
- Recording the assignment and changes at Indonesian Patent Office
- Monitoring and updating current status report of patent applications