What is a Copyright ?
According to Law of the Republic of Indonesia no. 19/2002, Copyright shall mean an exclusive right for an Author or assignee to publish or reproduce the copyrighted works or to grant permission for the said purposes, without decreasing the limits according to the law in force.
Works Protected under Copyright:
- Books, computer programs, pamphlets, typographical arrangement of published works, and all other written works
- Sermons, lecturers, addresses and other works of utterance
- Visual aid made for educational and scientific purposes
- Songs or music with or without lyrics
- Dramas, musical dramas, dances, choreographic works, puppet shows, pantomimes
- All forms of art, such as paintings, drawings, engravings, calligraphy, carvings, sculptures, collage and applied arts
- Batik art
- Cinematographic works
- Translations, interpretations, adaptations, anthologies, data-base and other works as a result of changing of form of mode.
The Benefit of related rights of registering to a Copyright
- A Performer shall have the exclusive right to give consent or to prevent any unauthorized side to make, reproduce or broadcast a phonogram and/or a visual picture of the performance
- A Producer of Phonogram shall have the exclusive right to give consent or to prevent any unauthorized side to reproduce and/or rent phonographic works or sound recording
- A Broadcasting Organization shall have the exclusive right to give consent or to prevent any unauthorized side to make, reproduce, and/or rebroadcast the broadcasting works through wire or wireless transmission, or through any other electromagnetic system.
What can we assist you?
- Counseling on subject matters and scope of protection copyright
- Preparing and prosecuting applications
- Recordal of Copyright assignments, mergers, changes of name or address